Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Thank You King Winter



...for visiting us for the very first time since we moved here four years ago!
We had SNOW yesterday in Virginia! Who knew it could happen? It was only about 2-3 inches which is nothing for me growing up in Syracuse,NY but for the people here that's a blizzard! Everything was shut down, Kevin didn't even have to go to work!! We had a fun family day. I can't wait until we move this summer to somewhere that has the four seasons so we get winter again every year. We love winter. I personally can't stand the heat at all so living in Virginia has been challenging for me (weather and season wise,only) to say the least.


Highlights from our day-



snow dog



nah nah you can't catch me



There are mama made mittens under there somewhere



Trying some snow



As soon as I woke up and saw the snow falling I had to run outside in my PJ's and put food in the backyard bird feeder,squirrel feeder and front yard bird feeder. I was afraid the birds wouldn't find food since it never snows here.




Mrs. Thaw was sweeping away winter on our nature table but since King Winter made his appearance we decided to quickly re-do the table and add a new postcard and felted snowman made by Little Elf's Toyshop on Etsy.





We made a paper cardinal to celebrate too :)



Long live Winter!!!

Share/Bookmark

15 comments:

Kimberley said...

Yeah winter! I love the seasons. It would make me very sad to miss out on blizzards. We had one yesterday...school was cancelled and we stayed in our jammies all day, playing, snuggling and then went out for some sledding. I am looking forward to a little green in the future though! It looks like here in NH we'll have a white spring equinox!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, someone else that feels like I do!!! You think Virginia is bad, my husband just had to accept (for lack of anything else available in the tech industry) a job in DALLAS,TX!!! I want snow and seasons SO badly I can taste it and hardly anyone there even knows what Waldorf is. We got the same snow in NC about a day before you all did and it was glorious!!! I have never posted before, but I love your blog - keep up the great work!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Winter!! We finally gave up on it here (it's 70 here this week) and Persephone made her return to the Nature table. I'm with you. Winter - good. Four seasons - necessary. Where might you be moving to? We're returning home to Seattle this summer. I can't wait!!

Anonymous said...

I also couldn't believe you guys had snow in Virginia...We got the same storm here in Jersey, but we got 8 inches where I live!...Yeah snow :-)

Jennifer Johnson said...

Woo hoo for snow! We don't get much here where we live, either, so it is usually exciting when it comes.

mamaraby said...

3" is a blizzard - isn't it funny how one's location plays into their perspective on weather (how warm or cold it is, etc?). After another year of record snowfalls I for one am glad it fell on someone else! Enjoy the snow!

Anonymous said...

Looks fun! Glad you got to play in the snow a bit. Where are you looking to move?

FrontierDreams said...

aww Yay everyone! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only winter lover!! :p Thanks for celebrating with us!!

Hope- thank you! youre so sweet.
I actually know at least 1 other waldorf inspired family in Dallas so let me know if you move there and I can connect you!

Jumbleberryjam- We are unsure as of right now. My husband is in the USAF so its wherever they need us basically but we can put in requests, so far we have alasksa, pennslvania and washington. All 3 have waldorf schools near where he would be working.

I will gladly take anyones snow who doesn't want it ;) <3

Alicia said...

Summer is definitely not my favourite season either, so glad it's autumn in my neck of the woods! We had a record temperature here a few weeks ago of 47 degrees C (116.6 degrees F!) when the bushfires hit a couple of hours from where we live. Not pleasant. It rarely snows here though, and if it does, it's a pretty insignificant amount. I'd love to experience a snowy winter!

FrontierDreams said...

alicia-thank you for stopping by :)
oh my goodness!! i would never leave the house! where do you live?

FrontierDreams said...

i saw your blog alicia so nevemind! tee hee. i have always wanted to go to australia. i hope someday i will be able to. your blog is so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny to see how the snow affects those in Virginia?

BTW, I'm in Virginia Beach and was searching for area blogs and yours popped up - glad to see someone else from this area!

FrontierDreams said...

hi there! thanks for stopping by! i hope you had fun in the snow too!!

Kim said...

Oh, I enjoy reading your posts. Good luck with your move and I have to tell you I LOVE the sweater your knit for dd. SO CUTE! Best wishes.

FrontierDreams said...

Thank you! You are very kind!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...