Wednesday, January 22, 2014

a little catch-up

Christmas sweater Christmas sweater Christmas sweater Christmas sweater I'm done too cold!! bye-bye!! my turn, Mama more pants for L new pants new pants

C wore her Christmas sweater today and I thought it might be a good opportunity to play a little catch-up with the handmade Christmas gifts. We went outside behind our house to snap a few quick pictures. It was freezing out so I just had to get it done and make do with what I had. I think she stood still a total of two minutes and then grabbed her coat and ran back inside. I didn't blame her!

The sweater was my stress knitting to keep my mind preoccupied during the moving preparations. I modified a free baby pattern from Tin Can Knits to fit C (a size 5-6). The measurements came out pretty well. Due to the lace pattern she has to wear a wool undershirt underneath it but that's okay. My little ones tend to wear wool under layers everyday, anyways. She has a pink one on in these pictures but you can't tell. The lace really pops when she wears a darker color underneath it instead.

You can see my rav notes here.

After C ran off Little L said, "please take my picture pants." I knew he was proud that he picked out his clothes today, so I appeased him. Then he decided he wanted his coat off just like big sister. I snapped a couple more of him and then he was done and ready to go back inside to warm up, as was I.

Those pants were actually finished long before we moved here but I completely forgot to document them in all the hustle and bustle. I am glad he has them now because they are one of the only pairs of pants he has that don't fall off his bottom!

 His pants were made with my usual go-to pattern from Handmade Beginnings.

Share/Bookmark
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...