Friday, February 18, 2011

What to Say....

I am not sure where to begin. My last post was just so heavy and raw for me so... where do I go from here?

First and foremost I need to say a HUGE THANK YOU to all of you for your support, help and kindness with that post. It means more than you could ever know to me. I take all that you offer deep within my heart. Thank you.
And thank you for reminding me of something I failed to be grateful for OUR HEALTH! How could I have overlooked that?! What would I do without your wisdom and reminders??? For those of you who posted locally, thank you for suggestions, I am looking into each and every one of them! I am so grateful for this space and all of you who visit it. I am truly just blown away.

For those of you who suggested the Paypal button, I don't even know what to say. I have never been one who is able to ask for or even accept help. Thank you. I am trying to get past my pride, I guess, and although I feel a bit weird doing so, I went ahead and temporarily added the button.

I did get one rather negative anonymous comment that almost made me delete the whole post. I am not sure if this person read my post wrong or if I did not convey what I was trying to the correct way, but this person told me I needed to 'put my family first'(among other things). Ouch. I don't know how it may have come across that I am not putting my family first but our family has always come first and always will. Is it somehow the fault of our financial struggles that we are not putting our family first?? I am really scratching my head at that... They also mentioned our schooling choices so I am afraid, perhaps, I somehow conveyed that school was causing our hardships. That couldn't be further from the truth. Our school is what is keeping us going right now. With or without our school tuition we would still be struggling. I am so sorry if I made it come across any other way.

Wow, I'm sorry, this is another rather raw post, it could just be my crazy pregnant hormones, but that comment just really got to me. Especially after seeing how dear Tonya had such a negative experience recently when she chose to honestly share where her family is at. If we can not be honest and real on our own blogs, what is the point?

Ok with all of that said, I will step away now and be back very soon with those super late Christmas pictures as well as others. My Winter baby is still hanging on and not ready to cross the rainbow bridge into our arms just yet so hopefully I can get a few posts in before that happens. I have been creating up a storm for this baby's arrival and can't wait to share!

Thank you again everyone. I am forever grateful for you all!!
Sending you all love and light!



Jennifer Johnson said...

I'm so glad you were able to post again. I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I pray for the best for your new baby and your girls. Hang in there. It will be spring soon, and things will look better then.

Sara Savel said...

It really bothers me how cruel and heartless people can be when others are struggling. Some people seem to lack a real comprehension of financial hardship.

They act like poor people should be grateful for crumbs; that poverty makes children undeserving of a good education. Don't listen to them. All children deserve the education their parents desire for them.

You will never please the judgemental. There are those who will complain about people on food stamps buying chips and ice cream "with my tax dollars." Yet they will complain about a woman on welfare buying an organic apple for her child with those same tax dollars. Besides....most people on food stamps work and pay taxes. So there!

Anyhow, I just wanted to say: We are Medicaid, food stamps, and WIC!
With a seven year old car. All of our furniture is second hand. Same with a lot of our clothes.

thegirlsmom said...

Happy to see another post from you and sorry there was a negative comment... just ignore! I'm also happy you have put up a paypal button! Can't wait to see pics of your Christmas and the things you have been making for your new little baby xxxx

Sherene said...

I'm sure you could see from the other responses that most everyone can understand where you are coming from- many with first hand experience. One other little thought that helped me a lot in the really hard times-
I would look back at my grandparents lives, that spread across many decades. There were very lean years, very fat years, hardships and celebrations- and you know what, in the end- everyone grew up and was wonderfully alive in a life that had been lived. I found that taking my own life into the perspective of fifty years, it was easier to handle the stress. And also, I kept reminding myself that we were a wonderful family with wonderful family and friends- what was the WORST that could happen. Yes all those WORSTS seems really awful, but they were all fixable. Much love and blessings to you family, and your new little one.

Kory said...

Love the comment to look towards our grandparents lives- what wisdom lies there!

I just wanted to say that I'm still thinking of you guys and don't you dare let that one negative person, who didn't even have the courage to leave a name with their judgmental words, get you down. You should absolutely be able to share real life on your blog, and those of us who live in the real world will understand.

Stay strong mama!

Restless Prairie Farm said...

There will always be mean, ignorant people in the world. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could just completely ignore the hurtful words that can come out of those people's mouths? Logic doesn't always heal the hurt that they cause, but logic combined with the Love that radiates from the rest of your friends and readers will hopefully help a bit.

So don't fret over one sadly rude, ignorant soul when you have hundreds of people who are rooting for you and wishing you the best.:o)

May Love and Laughter fill your home!


kendra said...

who knows what anon. was thinking??? we have been struggling financially, and it was suggested to us by FAMILY that i was being irresponsible (by being home instead of working). it hurt and it blows my mind. but my husband tries to remind me, they just have a different reality! let me know if we can bring you a meal. ; )

Kara said...

Thank you so much for taking the time to update. You and your family have been in my thoughts and I'm so glad to read this post today and be able to check in. I know you've got so much on your plate right now and I imagine time is at a premium.

I'm so glad that your school has been a place of light and love for you during this time! What a comfort that must be.

Best wishes!

Heidi said...

Hi! I can't seem to find your Paypal button. We're struggling a bit too, but I've used your felt birthday crown tutorial several times an would love to donate a few bucks to you. Let me know!

thegirlsmom said...

Paypal button is on the right hand side under "Some of your favs"
It's a yellow button that sys "Donate"

Melanie~Our Ash Grove said...

Nicole I'm not sure if I commented or not on the previous post~
I wanted to offer support and love, and to say I'm sorry you got a negative comment- how upsetting!
<3 Melanie

earthboysblog said...

Sending you many happy thoughts during these hard times.

Sarah said...

Hi Nicole!
I am glad to see that you have gone forward with the Paypal button idea. I have used your tutorials and have found so much inspiration in your blog that I am happy to be able to contribute a little something. I do not see this as charity, but as a way of supporting such a beautiful blog. THANK YOU for the time and effort that you put into creating such a wonderful space. I hope to see many more posts in future...

Stephanie K. said...

Weird! I just read Tonya's post, then read would appear that there are many fearful "anonymous" persons out there who assuage their own anxieties about money by picking on people who share their woes. It sure is a kick in the butt when someone judges you unfairly, and attacks from the blogosphere; leaves you scratching your head, to say the least! I once had someone refer to something I'd posted on facebook on my blog...when I politely asked "anonymous" to help me keep the spaces separate, they accused me of being two-faced and dishonest about my life! It was very upsetting.

Who hasn't been in this financial boat you're in right now? No one who follows your blog would ever doubt that you always put your family first.

Deep breaths, and deep faith to you as you approach your delivery date. You do not need (or deserve) any extra stress!


erin said...

So sorry for all that you all are going through. Thanks for your honesty. I truly can see you loving and making your family a priority, in the midst of this financial trial.

renee ~ heirloom seasons said...

It is nice to hear from you again dear. I have been out of touch (sick!) and thought I may return to find that baby had been born!

I wonder how anyone could read your blog and not clearly see that you put your family above all else! Just one of the many reasons I love you so..

Thinking of you all. Blessings blessings blessings!

Tricia said...

Nicole, Since the first time I visited your blog and chatted with you via email, i felt that your blog was so full of light and beauty and honesty. I am a mother of 8 and honestly, when I feel a little low I always visit your blog to get re-inspired. thank you so much for sharing your life with all of us. I truly appreciate it and it has helped me to share more of mine via my blog.

I hope you have a quick and wonderful delivery and enjoy your babymoon... those days are precious and irreplaceable. You will be in my prayers and so glad to have checked back and found a new post.

Baleboosteh said...

Thank you so much for sharing so openly where you are and I am sorry that doing so has brought you hurt. The internet can be a really mean place sometimes - worse than any playground. Praying for better times for your family.

Jessica said...

Oh Nicole! How terrible for someone to be so mean-spirited. I appreciate your honesty in this space and love to visit here for the inspiration and the "realness" that you write with.

Carrie said...

Thank you for the update! I hope that your new little one makes her/his appearance at just the right time.

I'm sorry for your family's financial difficulties, but like everyone else, I can tell that your family is always your first priority. <3

Take care,

Woolly Wanderer said...

Hang on in there! All will be well!

San x

Nicola (Which Name?) said...

I am sorry I am a week late on this post! Marina and I were just talking about you, a bit worried. Please ignore that one comment. I comment you (and Tonya and Lisa (Earth Mama)) for living as you live, living by your principles, and doing your best on very little. Huge hugs and I am so touched you could be honest here. Please email me if you need anything, even just an ear. And a baby...maybe he/she has arrived by now. Thinking of this and you with a smile.

La Chili said...

I haven't read you for while, but

I love your blog.

I'm really sorry about what you are going through, and I hope it will pass, but I'm glad to hear you are so happy with the school and all healthy.

I made a very small donation, I hope it will be of some help.

Anonymous said...

Hi, new to your blog. I had a similar situation and it ended in tragedy. Not trying to drag you actuality I would like to give you a sliver of hope. I found a great idea for a charity auction (perhaps for your family's situation...perhaps you can get your child's school involved. Take a old chair or sofa (i.e.craigs list)and reupholster it with canvas. Have the school go crazy with paint or markers on it...then apply 3 coats of varnish/lacquer. A children's hospital did such a thing and raised well over a hundred grand. Its worth a chance, I think. Wishing you love and success. -lis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...